Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dorsal 1 - Week #15

Hey Fam!

This week we've done our best to avoid near-death experiences, and so far we are succeeding! Time is ticking quickly away here in Chile. I find it very hard to believe that we are already in week 3 of the change... my last change!!! However, there is still a lot of work to be done and we are going into overdrive here in Dorsal 1 to make sure we don't lose a single minute...

Our entire week here in Dorsal didn't turn out quite as we had planned. It still amazes me how one simple act can change the outcome of the entire week. Despite the number of people who had committed to come to church yesterday, only 3 showed up. On the upside, we had several excellent talks, heard the farewell testimony of a missionary headed to Mexico City, and had a confirmation. Even with these great events, we got a little disappointed and our entire day went down the drain!

Also, yesterday evening we had an activity for the recent converts and investigators in the ward. Hermano Miranda, the ward mission leader, taught about Lehi's dream and then we had cake. It was a pretty decent shin-dig and a good time was had by all. However, the turn out wasn't the greatest... oh well...

Dorsal 1 is looking more white everyday. This last week we have put 2 more investigators with baptismal dates and we are hoping that everything goes according to plan. Right now we have 6 baptisms in planning for August, with a couple more once I'm gone! Sometimes I wonder why we are having so much success here now and not before. The ward here is growing and we are striving to work more closely with the members, but I've got to tell you... IT'S TOUGH!!! Either way, we are looking forward to some changes here in the ward and a lot of success in the not too distant future.

I'm kinda worried that my world is going to be turned completely upside down here in about 4 weeks. It actually amazes me that I've become used to the lifestyle of the mission, to a certain degree at least. I'm going to miss the mission! There are lots of things about Santiago that I don't imagine I'm going to take the time to miss, but a lot of the people here have really affected me and I'm dearly going to miss some of them... a part of me will always be in Chile!

Thanks for the news about Carl's Jr... I remember eating there a couple of times, but mostly stopping in for a break after driving for a long time! Elder Garza was pretty excited to hear that they are putting one in Lufkin, apparently they have them in northern Mexico (Monterrey).

I'm excited to see ya'll this month! Yes, THIS MONTH!!! I can't believe we are already in August of 2011... boy how time flies (when you're having fun... or something)! Keep hanging on and don't get too trunky for me to be home!

Love ya'll and miss ya'll bunches!

¡Besitos y abrazos!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: