Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dorsal 1 - Week #14

Howdy All!

I think I'm getting to the point that it would be easier to put how many weeks I've got left as the subject of my weekly letter instead of trying to keep track of how many weeks I've got left in the sector! LOL. Such is life I guess...

So, this week turned out to be great! I don't think I've seen this much continual success in a sector in my mission, and I thought we were doing great in Quilicura. Yesterday was also one of the best sacrament meetings I've attended since I've been in Chile; we had 2 members who have never spoken in sacrament meeting who addressed the congregation and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The talks were simple, yet heartfelt, and they didn't pull out any stops to let us know what we need to do better. I loved it, and it looks like a few of our investigators felt the same way. Also, Ana María was confirmed a member of the Church yesterday and is now our newest recent convert (Francisca wasn't able to make it to church, but will be there next week).

I'm pretty excited about what we are achieving here in the ward. I'm starting to see really how everything comes together when you have good leadership who are willing to work (most of the time anyways). Honestly, I'd have to say that this is one of my best wards here in Chile! There are a ton of people here that I'm going to miss within a few short weeks, but I'll be moving on to different things...

Good to hear that things are going well at home! Enjoy your hot temperatures... LOL. I'm about frozen over down here, and today is going to be worse because it rained all night and now there are very few clouds in sight! It looks like we might be going to bowling again today, so we shouldn't have to suffer too much during the day.

I can't believe that the family was so spread out again yesterday! Seems like Gabe and Ryah need a little lesson about el Día de Reposo... LOL... just pulling your leg! Either way, it is good to hear that everyone was in church, no matter what part of the state (or what state...LOL) they were in!

Sounds like there isn't too much happening at home...

I almost died this week... LOL... It's a funny story actually! On Saturday we were teaching our English class and one of our investigators was talking with Elder Mendez and was showing him some sort of spray. So me, being nosy, went to see what was going on (I'm curious, what can I say...). The spray was some sort of spray for your throat and they told me to try it, so I did... Instantly I noticed something interestingly familiar about the flavor of the spray! LOL... I checked the label and it definitely had peppermint (in Spanish peppermint, spearmint, and any other mint is just labeled as "menta", so I have to be very careful). After about 5 minutes we had to leave the class with Elder Wilkes and Elder Garza and head to the house to find my Benadryl, that until Saturday I hadn't had to use in Chile! We made it with my throat and esophagus just slightly swollen and having just a few difficulties in breathing & swallowing (but mostly swallowing)! After about 30 minutes I was back to normal... Elder Mendez described the look on my face when I noticed the peppermint flavor as if I had just made a self-goal (autogol) in an important game! LOL... It was pretty comical after we were sure I wasn't going to die!!!

Well, I think that is about all of my excitement for this week! I guess we'll see what this week brings! Hope all is well at home and that everyone is doing great!

Love ya'll and miss ya'll! I'll see ya'll in 5 weeks (my agenda is counting... LOL)!

¡Besitos!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: