Monday, January 10, 2011

Circunvalacion 1 - Week #2 (Otra Vez)

¡Hola Familia!

It's been one week back at what was the daily grind for 6 months, and I'm absolutely hating it! The office work isn't what is really bugging me right now, but there are a lot of other things happening in the office that I don't necessarily agree with. It is pretty stressful here again and I'm once again not handling the stress very well, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Monday after our office coordination meeting with President & Hermana May, I pulled President to the side to talk to him for a few minutes. In that moment I came to realize exactly how much of a special assignment my returning to the office really is... I'm not excited but I can't really expound much on the nature of the situation, let's just put it that there are several aspects that he wants me to work on changing here.

Normal proselyting missionary work has been pretty scarce this week. Sonia & Kimberley, a few of my converts here, were pretty upset that Elder Moore left, but we got the chance to visit them a couple of times this week and they are excited that I'm back for a while. Also one of the recent converts/young men from the ward, David, who previously hated me now absolutely loves me and I've got no idea why... I don't mind too much though, even though he is quite strange.

I'm elated to hear that the Whitworth's were able to go to the temple on Thursday, bummer we couldn't have been there. I'm sure Ryan is anxious to hit the road! He doesn't have a whole lot more time to get ready either, it will come a lot sooner than he thinks.

The house sounds like it is getting closer almost everyday. I'll be waiting to hear when ya'll finally get in there! And I can imagine that those books that Mom bought might end up helpful... but I still can't believe that ya'll are so stuck on the idea that you're going to raise chickens! Also I'm excited that Ryah is going to get her Patriarchal Blessing. How are the rest of ya on that (Mom & Gabe)?

Office life has been fairly difficult to get used to again! I finally got a chance to buy groceries, so now I've got a little bit of food in the house. I haven't slept really well this week between the long hours in the office and the giant sleep-over that Elder Driscoll forced on us Thursday with the missionaries from Los Andes (2 hours away) that had to come down to work on their visas Friday morning. Needless to say, it has been a pretty eventful week here in the office... not something I like. The work is rewarding, but I wish that we had more of a chance to work in proselyting as that is what really helps to keep one happy while you're here.

I love the mission, sometimes I don't seem so happy to be here, but I still love the mission! It's not easy, but it is worth it!

Love ya'll and miss ya bunches! Hope that you have an excellent week!

¡Todo mi amor!

-- Élder Todd

"Hurrah for Israel!"

No comments: