Sunday, July 4, 2010

Circunvalacion 1 - Week #6

¡Hola Familia!

Sounds like this week has been filled of all sorts of fun, with the hurricane and all... as for us, we haven't gotten a drop of rain this week (which is rare as we are in winter here)! So I think all of the rain we would have gotten might have gotten transferred over to the Gulf Coast of Texas... YAY!!!

These past couple of days I have litterally been slaving away in the office!!! I mean here from 10:00 AM to about 10:00-10:30 PM, trying to get stuff ready for changes and all... So I'm starting to get stuff organized where that hopefully won't happen again next change. Thursday morning Elder Tolman got a call from President May which moved him out of the office and moved a new Assistant to President, Elder Swenson, in... so, needless to say, I've been working solo since Thursday and have inheritted all of the problems that already existed with my assignment (a few of which I didn't know existed)!

I'm still actually in the process of working a little bit while I'm writing to y'all, so I'm not 100% focused on what I'm typing (I hope it sounds alright).

Mom: It is good to hear that you are keeping contact with one of my families from Lo Ovalle. It is kinda hard for us to keep constant contact as we can only write on Saturdays, but I still try every once in a little while. And did you and Dad ever figure out if ADUANA was going to let you send the jam or not?

I can't believe it is the Fourth of July (almost)... to celebrate we are going to go into the Centro and go to Ruby Tuesday's as an office! We're going to celebrate the Birthday of America with some American food (a little expensive... but worth it)!!!

So as I said before we have changes tomorrow... that means that the office elders [somos nosotros] won't be sleeping for about 3 days straight with all of the running around the world, that we'll be doing!!! This is my first time to do changes from the office, so it will be interesting to see how it all goes down from this side of the system. I'm excited about being able to send off all of the old missionaries and get all of the new ones though! And they say that it isn't really as crazy as we think it is going to be...

Thanks Gabe for the World Cup updates... we are enjoying them here in the office!!! LOL. Especially now that we don't have the 2 missionaries that don't like fútbol here!!!

I don't have much news from the sector as I haven't been there much this week, so sorry... However, I am learning more and more the importance of planning and the advantages of having the organizing skills that I do. They are really paying off here in the office!!!

I love you all and hope that everything is alright at home. I hope everyone stays safe during this supposedly busy Hurricane Season coming up!!!

¡Besitos!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: