Saturday, June 26, 2010

Circunvalacion 1 - Week #5

Hola Familia!

Sooo... this was my week of fun! We had Zone Conferences Tuesday and Wednesday, so I was working until the wee hours of the morning Tuesday (aka Monday night) to get everything ready. You've just got to love office life!!! I'm starting to learn just how crazy the office can get when not everything goes the way you have planned and you've got to wait on other people to be able to complete your deadlines.

So the change ends this weekend... we'll clearly be running all over the place with that! I have the great opportunity to be companions with the mission secretary, who is in charge of all of the flights... so I'll be in the airport 3-4 times the first week of the new change, between sending missionaries home and receiving new ones. They say in the office that if you are secretary or historian that when you go home it isn't anything new because you've already been to the airport a billion times (or more)!!! LOL. (While we are on that subject... it might be better if you don't come pick me up at the end of my mission, and we just visit más adelante).

Sounds like Dad had a good Father's Day... I didn't forget by the way! LOL. And sounds like y'all got a little bit accomplished at the house. I want to see more pictures when there are visible changes! And pictures of the family please!!! (Unless of course you want the pre-prom family ones in plain view at my often frequented desk! LOL).

So this week we've been really blessed here in this sector. For a while we've had trouble finding new investigators, but this week we've been able to find 4 within two days. The Lord really is preparing people here to recieve the Gospel!!! Also I forgot to tell you last week that we had started teaching a bum... yes Gabe, A BUM!!! He lives in a little plastic homemade tent thing behind one of the bus stops in our sector. He has also been attending church for a couple months now. Unfortunately after we committed him to baptism we've found out that he probably isn't in a mental state to progress in the Gospel. But anyways, his name is Jorge, and his devotion to going to church is amazing...

Thursday we had a mission activity, another sports day... but this time we actually played real Ultimate Frisbee for a little while. It was pretty fun, but we didn't have a really great Frisbee so I had a little trouble (that or I'm just really bad...). Either way we had a good time and there haven't been any real injuries reported to the mission medic, aka my companion Élder Johns, yet.

On to the World Cup... Chile and the USA classified, unfortunately Chile still lost to Spain (but that doesn't matter now). From what I've heard Chile is up with Brazil next (and in my opinion will probably loose) and the USA with Ghana (and will probably win)! Either way I'm rooting for both teams until the very slight chance that the USA and Chile both advance and play at some point, in which case I will be rooting for neither and either hiding for a couple weeks or find the next flight home!!! LOL. (Luckily I have a companion that has no problem booking flights...

Update on the driving experience... I'm still wreck free, and I'm still and forever will be designated driver!!! Yay!!! It is a little bit crazy...

¿No sé si alguien puede hacerme un favor? Si es posible, ¿alguien podría buscar la dirección del e-mail de Sean Gilmore y mandármelo? ¡Por favor!

It is strange... I'm sitting here in the Center today and in a Internet shop right now... there is a guy sitting next to me that is now speaking another language. I don't understand a word he is saying, and unfortunately 3 of the other 6 missionaries I'm with are laughing about it... that could turn out bad!

Bueno, I can't really think of anything else to include this week... Sorry! But I want y'all to know that I love y'all and miss y'all. Sometimes it is a temptation to just pick up the phone at my desk and call home or send you an e-mail from the computer that I'm almost constantly sitting at... but I resist (not sure how, but I do it)!

Love you all and miss you bunches!!!

¡Besitos!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: