Monday, August 23, 2010

Circunvalacion 1 - Week #13

¡Hola Familia!

WOW!!! Sorry I'm a little late at writing... but we had a devotional this morning with Elder Amado, the Area President of Area Chile, and Elder Costa, from the Presidency of the Seventy. It was amazing! The whole thing was one of those surprises that President May just randomly brings up in a training meeting on Wednesday and Thursday. Turns out Elder Costa is here in Chile visiting with Elder Scott, and the North and East Missions got to meet with Elder Costa, while the West Mission and Rancagua got to meet with Elder Scott. So we were richly fed this morning, spiritually speaking of course, and we now get to enjoy a little bit of P-day!

In the devotional Elder Costa spoke on several topics that were a little unusual. First off he talked about what a Seventy is and what he does, then about the mission president, and then about us as missionaries. It was kinda cool to get a look into the similarities in the three callings, but also their differences. I loved what he had to say about us as missionaries and the talk gave me a little more drive to change a few things about who I am, both personally and as a missionary!

As far as changes are concerned... the first part of the week was a literal NIGHTMARE! I don't know why but there were a few things that went wrong, finally all was resolved but it was still super crazy. Yesterday was the first and only day this week that we haven't had to get up early for something this week, and in the afternoon Elder Moore and I had to drive out to Curacavi (a sector about 1 hour outside the normal scope of the mission that is only included because it is part of one of our stakes) so that was a lot of fun. We are starting to get some pretty nice weather here, I mean sunshine and short-sleeved shirt weather! So that tan that everyone saw on Facebook that has long since disappeared should be on its way back in no time (if I get time to go outside while I'm working here in the mission office...)! LOL.

So I got my package, and everything was there and in tact. I was kinda hoping for a handwritten note, but I didn't find one... Also I've got a request, but I'll let you know that in a separate e-mail so it doesn't always seem to everybody like I'm ask, ask, ask.

Right now in the sector we are trying our hardest to work with these few people on their commitments and get them prepared for baptism. The finding efforts haven't been real successful this week but we are, in my opinion, doing a pretty good job at juggling 12 investigators with only 4 hours in the sector a day (not counting Monday in which we had 0 hours in the sector). Carlos is slowing progressing towards baptism. He has still got to stop smoking completely, but he is improving. We are hoping and praying that he can be baptized next weekend!

I forgot to let you know that I am no longer companions with Elder Johns. Along with changes we also had changes here in the office. Elder Barrett, the financiero, is now training Elder Young (my former companion of 6 hours) and they are companions of Elder Johns. I'm now companions with Elder Moore, the Texan, and I'm district leader. It looks like President is expecting great things from the Texans in the mission because we are now the second companionship of Texans. There was previously another one but they had changes where one of them is now currently with another Texan! So we Texans are here "sacando la mugre" (por decir)!!!

So it sounds like Gabe will probably be getting his license pretty soon! And I haven't heard from he or Ryah recently. What's up with that? Also it sounds like school starting up ought to be a blast again... and a SENIOR! (Unfortunately that status doesn't bring the discount at restaurants).

Seems like everything is going well for everyone at home, and that all are super busy with work and all that jazz! Good luck with the talks Dad!!! I've had a lot of people recently ask me if you can still speak Spanish well and I'm sure you can, so you'll do fine. How do they do the translating thing for Brother Vercher? Do they just hook someone else into the sounds system or what? Oh yeah, about the picture... I wasn't ring leader at the time, nor do I think I really am now... LOL. I do try to keep us all on the straight and narrow though.

I love y'all and hope that all is well at home! Hope that everything goes alright with work this week, especially with the change of work and all that for Mom!

¡Les amo mucho y les extraño! ¡Besitos!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: