Monday, August 9, 2010

Circunvalacion 1 - Week #11

What's Up Fam.???

I feel like I keep starting my letters out the same way, and I'm not really sure how to change them up... Y'all just saw my vain attempt at throwing in a little something different. Before I forget I just wanted to give a shout out to the Moore Family from San Antonio, Texas!!! I love your son and I'm really getting the opportunity to know Elder Moore a little bit while working here alongside him in the mission office!

While the family is relaxing a little bit on a short mini vacation I'm still slaving away. This week unfortunately was worse than the last couple of weeks in terms of the office work load and the amount of time we had in our sector! I can't really say that this week was so crazy because every week has turned into a crazy week since I got to the office. So what was before considered a crazy week is now considered a "normal" week. But I can't complain too much as I was only working super late 1 night this week. Thursday and Friday the mission had Zone Conference, with Elder Johns and I attending on Thursday. The Conference was great and a lot of the big changes that will soon be happening in the mission were finally announced. It seems as if there are quite a few changes in regards to the schedule that are coming down from Salt Lake City that will free up a lot of President May's time, and allow him to be out in the field with the individual missionaries a little more often.

Sounds like the ward is changing a lot, with people moving out and all. Are there any new families coming in? And has Bishop Adams read my letter to the ward yet? Hope all of the church assignments and callings are going well and that nothing to crazy is happening without me...

So I have not received a letter from Ryah in a long time... I think since right around the beginning of summer! What's up with that?!?!?

I feel like I've finally been updated with all of the goings on in the homestead... Dad's e-mail was very informative.

So this week President changed the rule on new investigators to go back to the definition of Preach My Gospel. Thursday night we found a new investigator by the new definition and it felt so much like we were cheating! But on the other hand we found another new investigator on Tuesday, her name is Margarita. She is great. I've only been able to share with her once, before she was nueva, but we have high hopes for her.

The office as a whole plans on baptizing 5 people this month, so we are working closely in hopes to complete our part and bring at least 2 souls unto Christ! I love this work! It is hard, but it is worth it. There are many days that we get to the house, plan, and we are completely worthless afterwards because of all of the energy that we had to put out during the day. I wouldn't trade it for anything! In fact it is kinda sad to see several of the missionaries having to leave a week from Monday, including Elder Lenhart, who was in my first sector and is now here in the office with me. But that is how it happens, we give 2 years now in the field, and the rest of our lives in other places helping to bring the Gospel that we are so blessed to have to others.

I love you all and miss you all!!! Hope all is well at home and that you had fun in Galveston!

¡Todo mi amor y cariño! ¡Besitos a todos, especialmente Belli y Beau!

-- Élder Todd

No comments: