Monday, April 5, 2010

Lo Ovalle 1 - Week #16

¡Hola Familia y Feliz Pascua de la Resurrección!

What about Conference?!?!? Wow!!! I echo the sentiments of President May in his letter to us this week that this is one of the best conferences that I've had the opportunity to participate in. The messages were very direct to the problems that we have in the world today and the way the Adversary is working against us. As did Dad, I particularly enjoyed the talk given by Elder Ronald Rasband in the Priesthood Session of Conference in which he talked about the process of assigning missionaries to their field of labor. In the MTC we heard a few times about the process but never with such a profound testimony given. I'm now 100% more sure of the fact that I'm supposed to be here in the Chile Santiago North Mission... this is where the Lord wants me to be!

Conference for the missionaries is better than Christmas Morning! We get all of the gifts that we want and then some that we don't even expect. What a blessing it is to hear from the Lord's chosen servants here in the earth and the counsel that they have specifically for our times. We have been richly fed and have an abundance to share with others. In each session I was able to pick out something that our investigators needed (unfortunately not all of them where there to hear it) and that we can share with them now. I testify that the words of our leaders are inspired, and are designed to meet our individual needs.

It is great to hear that now Gabe has ganas (the urge -- for lack of a better translation) to serve a mission. Many of the talks in the Priesthood Session were pinpointed directly at the young men of the Church and the importance of preparing for a mission and the blessings of serving. The words were motivational and hit the needs of the Church on the head. We are in a time where every worthy young man should serve a mission, where every worthy young man should dedicate 2 years of his life to serve the Lord. It is hard to see from here in the mission field the unhappiness of those who have chosen not to serve and still have the opportunity. They have a hole in their lives, but they can't seem to figure out why... WE KNOW THE ANSWER!!! Nothing can replace the time that we have here in the mission field and the blessings that we and our families receive, along with the countless numbers of our Heavenly Father's children who have a chance to change! I know my Father lives and that this is where I need to be, nothing can change my mind. (And no, my conditions are not nearly as bad as the movie "The Other Side of Heaven". I basically live in the mini version of the United States.)

I'm glad all is well at home and that y'all were able to enjoy all of the sessions of General Conference as well. (I had the privilege to listen to 4 of the 5 in English... LOL). Good luck with all of the house problems that are still going on. Taking baby steps might work better than trying to take giant steps forward (I'm thinking the steps back might accidentally match). I encourage y'all to remember what you've learned in Conference and to apply it... It isn't worth anything if you only heard it, but if you were listening it will start to make a change.

In this special Easter season (even though I'm a little late) I want to leave my testimony of the Savior and His Atonement for each of us. I can't really express in words the scope of what he did for us or my feelings... but I can tell you as was said in the Conference. I know that He lives, He is no longer on the cross, but He has risen! Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ lives and loves us! He suffered for our sins so that we might not suffer if we would repent... How great a blessing that is.

Our Heavenly Father sent His Only Begotten Son to suffer, to hurt, and die for us for an outcome of greater happiness in the end. How great is this message! How important it is to be a witness of Christ in all times, and in all things, and in all places... this is our duty to God! We should stand ready to testify of Him, and of "the divinity of His great and marvellous latter-day work". I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve my Lord Jesus Christ among the people here in Santiago Chile. This is where I need to be!

Let us each go forth each day with our eyes open for opportunities to testify of Christ, by our words and most importantly by our examples. There is always somebody watching! I love you all and miss you. Hope all is well at home! Remember who you are and the importance of this great work.

¡Todo mi amor!

-- Su Hijito, Élder Todd

No comments: