Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not So Little White Envelope...

"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Chile Santiago North Mission... You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, August 26, 2009. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language..."


On Friday, May 1, 2009, I received my not so little white envelope that I've been anticipating for 2 weeks now (since the final submission of my mission papers). It is impossible for me to convey both the feelings I had when I saw the envelope addressed to Elder Todd Stephen Hendrickson, I knew that would happen but the thought of it is so much different than the reality, as well as reading the call. My mom has been hoping that I didn't go foreign but after much convincing by myself, my brother, and my dad she has slowly warmed up to the idea.

It is still impossible for me at this point to even begin to describe my feelings, but I know that my call was inspired and I hope that I will do well in the field.

Over the next four months as I prepare to enter the field I will be doing my best to keep this blog updated with anything new. Once I enter the field my family will be updating to keep everyone informed of how I'm doing in the field.

3 comments:

The LeMoyne Boyer Family said...

Elder Hendrickson...has a nice ring to it! Quentin has his papers in too, you may end up being in the MTC at the same time. How cool would that be?!

My dad served in Chile a LONG time ago when Chile just had one mission. The Spanish he learned then has been a blessing to his career and service in the Church around the world in many capacities.

You will be a fabulous missionary. You are going for the right reasons. You and your family have prepared your whole life for this opportunity. Both you and your family will be blessed through your service.

We'll be following this blog and update our family blog with Quentin's mission call and service.

Love,
The Boyers

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Perhaps this is a bit odd... I couldn't help but comment though! I did a google search for the chile santiago north mission and ran into your blog. I am also going to be serving in that mission... and also entering the MTC August 26th! Good luck!!